The Holidays are just a few weeks away! What is on the menu for those Holiday Parties that you are hosting? While most of us have hectic schedules, finding a quick recipe to use during this eventful season is a must. One of our favorites is this easy Focaccia Bread infused with CBD oil. If you pre-purchase dough, which will save you a lot of time, you can create this delicious side dish in 30 minutes or less. Just make sure to have these simple ingredients on hand.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Inspiration: The Herb Somm
Cooking Tips: If you purchase pre-made dough, take it out of the refrigerator, remove the packaging and let rest on a well-floured countertop for 30 minutes before using. Warming the dough makes rolling it out much easier and will allow it to stretch properly.
- 16 ounces of pre-made dough (try Trader Joe’s Plain Pizza Dough) or you can use your own focaccia dough recipe
- 1 bulb of minced garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons of CBD infused olive oil (enough to completely cover the top of the dough)
- 2 tablespoons of dried or fresh Italian Herbs
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Flour for rolling out the dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To retain the CBD’s effectiveness, keep temperatures low and cook slow, do not heat past 350 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, use a food processor to mince 1 bulb of garlic or about 10 cloves. Add more if you are a garlic lover. Scrape into a bowl and set aside.
- Using a baking stone or baking sheet, add a coating of flour on the surface and place the unrolled dough in the middle. Sprinkle the dough with flour and begin to stretch out using a well-floured rolling pin. We prefer to roll the dough directly on top of the stone or baking sheet, so that you can spread the dough out to match the shape.
- Once the dough has been rolled out, and no air pockets remain, use a fork to make tiny indents across the surface to prevent bubbles from forming while baking.
- Next, add the CBD infused olive oil using a basting brush. Coat the top and sides of the dough with oil. Make sure that every inch is coated. It is ok to leave a few puddles of CBD infused olive oil on top; the cheese will just soak it up!
- Using a large spoon, coat the top of the dough with the minced garlic. Be sure to spread evenly and try to cover as much dough as you can.
- Using your hand, add the grated Parmesan on top of the dough, garlic, and CBD infused olive oil. Use as much as you’d like, just be sure to coat the entire surface.
- Next, add the Italian Herbs on top. This recipe calls for 2 tablespoons, but add more if you’d like. Just make sure the top of the Focaccia is fully covered with seasoning.
- It is time to bake! Place the baking stone or sheet into the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown. Remove from heat and cool.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, slice your fresh Focaccia into bite-size pieces. Add a sprinkle of fresh herbs, like parsley on top for some extra flavor. Serve & Enjoy!